Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Photo a Day Challenge - 18th April - Hair



Since this is the road to retirement, then todays photo is about my hair.  I was born with dark hair (of course I can't remember that)!  My two brothers have dark hair, one brother and two sisters have light hair.  My mother had black hair and my father dark brown.  No - my mother never dyed her hair, she had the most amazing black hair when she was young.  Mine was mahogony with a tinge of copper, I just loved to look in the mirror with the sun shining to see these lovely strands, as though I had highlights, but they were completely natural. 

I remember on my 21st Birthday, I had longish hair, which was frizzed up into the air and pinned at the back.  That was "1960s" look!  On my wedding day, I had beautiful ringlets gathered up high and fell to my shoulder - that was the "1970s" look. 

And then the dreaded middle aged loomed and the beautiful copper strands turned to grey - that is the "old age" look!. 

From that day, I decided that I would have my hair cut very short, and I mean short - because when my hair was cut, it is darker (probably dark grey - nobody has told me yet) and as it grows it gets all fluffy and grey and I see these whispy bits sticking out, and I have to return to the hairdresser to be shorn again.

Here is a glimpse of my hair..........you will note "no face", perhaps another time if there is a photo challenge for "wrinkles".


No comments:

Post a Comment