Sunday, 1 April 2012

Jottings for March - wow what a busy month

Lots done this month - sold lots on Ebay, although some things gone for a bargain.....already forgotten!  Also bought from Ebay a Ikea Peong Chair so that my husband can sit in front of the TV in comfort, not that he wasn't comfortable before, he just fancied a Ikea Peong for a change.  I also bought a lovely white bedside cupboard at a bargain too.

Picked up books from Freecycle - took out what I wanted and sent the better ones to Charity and the rest to another Freecycler.  Also two bedside cabinets - one for a young girl who has moved into a flat and one for me.  Mine is in our room temporarily til I have renovated my old wooden one.  I didn't know I was going to win the bid on Ebay, so have two now.

The washing machine broke down - again - and the engineer has been to "fix" it three times this month!

Vacuum cleaner let out a whine, puffs of smoke and died - it had been sounding rough for a few days, so I am not surprised.

Hubby planted some beans in the garden and that night we lost all of them due to the frost (24) - so now a further batch have germinated ready to put in the ground again.  Just to eager and too early this year.

Been to coffee with two friends and one friend to me this month - whipped up a few fairy cakes for us.


Instead of milk in the mixture I used Mango and Orange juice and added melted cooking plain chocolate on the top.  Delicious....I think I ate most of them!

Never feel right without a tin of paint and brush in my hand - so painted the garden table, except the table is really a kitchen table I bought from a jumble sale about 15 years ago, so for its first coat of paint since being outside all that time isn't bad. 

I also painted two steps of the stairs - yes those same stairs are now turning to a wholemeal colour all over.  Not a good idea to paint it now.  The guys who live here are shift workers and the timing has to be just right to have the stairs dry by the time one or both arrive home.  Except this new paint decided to take over 12 hours to dry.......I left notes on the stairs and the light on all night just in case!

Not many hours of work this month which suited me fine....I can feel myself getting into the swing of being home all day and doing what retirees do best.

Spent the shopping vouchers at long last - bought some more clothes summer - before I have had a chance to bring the bags down from the loft - which could mean I have more clothes than days to wear them. 

At last no more dentists for a while - two appointments this month were bad enough.

Read three books - or was it two.  Broken by Karin Slaughter, Bone Deep by Darian North and Knots and Crosses by Ian Rankin.  Not much of a bite into my massive "To be Read" pile.  I enjoyed them all.

I wonder what treats I have in store for April.......

No comments:

Post a Comment