Wednesday 13th November
Up very early, my cousins OH was leaving to deliver something to Beenleigh, where I was already needing to change trains, so it made sense for me to be dropped off there by car instead of catching the train from their place.
Very odd feeling when you suddenly find that you don't know a single soul, and you are dropped off at a place that is alien to you. Once I got over that and found my way to the ticket office I was OK. This was such a small station, with just two platforms. I was told which platform to catch the train to Kurraby where my best friend was meeting me to go back to her place again.
I waited when suddenly the sign said train will be here in 5 mins, and as suddenly as it said it, it changed to "train terminates here". Now what do I do? As luck would have it, once I "parked" myself as close to the small ticket office as I could - a young member of staff appeared singing "Are you catching the train Kurraby, then if you are (he points to the train on the other platform) this is your train"!!!
Wasn't that nice? A serenade for a train!! Made my day!
So on I get and off we go. As we were nearing Kurraby a line of police in uniform were waiting. I guess to catch those who didn't pay for a ticket. I was OK, I had mine clutched in my hand. I stepped on to platform, and started for the exit when the last policeman said "Are you (and said my name)". That split second I thought .....nobody knows my name round here, I haven't been here in my life. What had I done and how did they know my name....panic stricken for a minute or two, when this kind policeman said as he was smiling and pointing across two or three platforms......"that young lady over there is calling you"!!!!
Ha Ha....she didn't want to come on the platform with so many people in case they thought she hadn't paid a ticket on the train!!! Phwee what a relief......
After a light lunch in Brisbane, and a quick shop for bread and fruit to pack in a coolbag bought from the supermarket for the long car trip south tomorrow. It was going to take a couple days travelling with my brother and his wife to reach my father's house, and we were leaving at 6.15 a.m. the next morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment