Saturday, 5 October 2013

Flynn's story - 02.10.2013

My name is Flynn, I am a Kelpie Cross.  I lived on a farm until today, when my new owners came to collect me.   I was really frightened. While my sisters all clambered for the gate to jump the queue, I hovered in the corner, with those sorrowful eyes.  I was whisked off the ground of my pen and handed to this man, I shook like a leaf.  

Then everyone went into the farm kitchen for a cup of tea whilst my sisters continued to yap outside.  Whilst everyone, except me,  were having a cup of tea, I was able to explore this big kitchen. 

Eventually it was time to go and I was carried to the car.  In the back of the car was a very large cage with bedding inside.  I was placed carefully into the cage and the door was shut.

I can see you - but you can't see me - well not all of me anyhow.

Then there was this strange noise as the car started, and I hopped up the caged wall to see out the back window.  I had only been in a car once, so everything was very new to me.  The noises, the funny smells, all very frightening for a little puppy like me.

Hours later, we arrive home I guess, and again I was lifted from the cage into a house.  I could see my new owners were just as excited as me, but when I got excited I wanted to pee......but where?  Too late, can't be thinking of that now.  Its done.

I am thirsty so I head for this enormous bowl of water and put my foot in it first, then lapped the water, but oh no I have a soaking wet foot and its leaving behind watery foot prints all over the kitchen floor. 





What are they doing, putting something nice and light round my neck, says its a collar just for Flynn til he gets a little bigger, and then he can have a leather one.

Now whats happening?  The large cage is  being bought into the sitting room.  It is enormous! Too big for a little puppy like me, and why would I want it in the room. 

Oh I am so tired......I am fallen asleep and I feel my little body being lifted and put into the cage and the gate being closed.  Can't be bothered, I am just too tired to care......

Ahh wake again!  The door is opened and I am allowed to wander round and explore my new surroundings.  So many places to go, but why are they being so stearn when I am only looking behind the television, and then the sideboard.  There it goes again, they are yelling at me - I am only retracing my steps and gone behind the television again.  I will try that again and see if they yell again. 

Oh what is that noise.....what are you doing, can't they see I don't understand and I have to sit and watch and cock my head from one side, and then the other to try and evaluate the situation.  That noise - what is my new owner saying - "its only the vacuum cleaner you will get used to it"!  I did back off, but I came back to investigate again.  Ooooh whats this, something nice to sink my tiny teeth in?  What....yelling at me again...."don't touch"!!  Why its only a piece of something to chew, whats wrong with them, I will have another go.  There is goes again in a raised voice ...."Don't touch".  Mmm I wonder what they mean.

Time for bed - I have my very own sofa in their bedroom  - how spoilt is that - it was their previous dogs chair, but I am all lost in it, and I might fall off.  Look see, I just dropped to the ground.  Oh dear now they have popped me in the cage again in the sitting room. Never mind I am so tired now, I may as well go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment