Monday, 21 May 2012

Photo a Day Challenge - 21st May - WHERE YOU ARE STANDING

Today I found an old air bed in the garage.  It belonged to my Aunt and I remembered about two years ago she asked me to take it and put on Freecycle, which of course I didn't get around to it. 

We are going away soon, for a couple days, and will be taking our dog with us to a pet friendly studio apartment, and I needed somewhere for her to sleep.  I bought a cot bed with the intention of cutting it to size, but we realised that cutting the mattress to go with it, isn't really an option, and being wood, it was rather heavy and bulky to put in the boot of the car, with everything else and putting together at our accommodation. 

This airbed (probably from the 1970s) had its own air pump, a rubbery blob with a tube - and here I am  standing on the concrete pumping away.  I have never owned an airbed so no idea how long it would take to pump up. 


Nothing much was happening after an hour of pumping and when I looked at the it I found it had perished around the edges.  I tried to stick some heavy duty tape around the edge, then the hose split. 

Not doing very well am I?  I then tried the car tyre pump and I could not clip it on.....so I gave up and this evening went out and bought a heavy duty air bed pump, so maybe success tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I just hope when I have been to all this trouble, the dog will go to sleep on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment