Sunday, 20 January 2013

A stroll in the garden this morning...

Earley this morning I was thinking that I hadn't even walked up to the top of the drive for almost a week.  That means no real exercise, unless you can call ironing, or washing or even tidying the house is exercise.

Well I suddenly wanted to wander to the back of the garden - in the snow - in my dressing gown - I did wear some shoes though! 

 

The patio.....after yesterdays snow it had started to thaw  and this morning we had another snow fall.  It is strange how the snow has "held" in between the joints of the paving stones.  Mmmm.....Lets see what else we find.

 
Not a lot here...just snow....
 
 
 
 
Wait!  Whats this?  I know it isn't our dogs prints as she doesn't come into this part of the garden.  Foxes....thats what it is and only going one way, there are no return paw prints.
 

 


Not sure what they have been up to here, but in a place just off from this picture was a small circle with no snow - the foxes obviously found something there.

Almost at the bottom of this part of the garden, just near the log pile.  Time to turn round and walk back again.

 
Our resident foxes live in another part of the garden - under the vegetable patch.  There are loads of tunnels and they are forever making new ones.    Although I would rather they didn't live with us, I have no idea how to get rid of them.  
 
We usually have a family - a male, female and cubs.  Fun to see them play on the lawn in the sunshine in Summer.  I am not sure if we have all the generations, or whether they do move on and another sets up "home".  .
 
There is one old chap who sits on top of next doors garden shed in the Summer and watches us in our garden.  He is facinated by the dog - and I wonder if it is because they are both the same colour.  We have seen him for two years now. 
 
I haven't seen any foxes this Winter yet, although there are signs in the snow that they are about. No doubt we will see the young ones playing in the garden this Spring.  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment