Friday, 6 July 2012

Treated myself to a book on history....

called Tales of Old Australia by Bill Beatty.  You may wonder why when I live here I want to read about Australia history.  Well my education was in Australia, and I only remember learning about Australian explorers.  Then... I wasn't interested in learning ...... now I am!!  Better late than never. 

I was actually researching on the history of a particular place in Australia, and putting keywords in for the town nearby, and this is how I found out about this book.  There was only one book  on the internet at the time but postage was very expensive.

Then by chance last week, I found a copy on Amazon for a whole penny plus delivery.  Which was definitely a bargain.  Chuffed to bits I was.....really excited - money well worth spent.  And what makes it greater still, it is written with such style that even I can understand it. 

There is information in there that will fill in some tiny  gaps in my research project.  I am now hunting for another "hard to find" book.  At the moment I am looking at $40 for this book.....but that is way out of my budget.  I could be cheeky and ask the seller to just photocopy the page I want and send it to me.......mmmm thats worth a thought.

You never know though - luck might be on my side if I am patient - so I will just keep looking .......

No comments:

Post a Comment